1953-1958 - Kiev National Taras Shevchenko's University,
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Kiev;
1958-1961 - Institute of Mathematics of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
Postgraduate Studies, Kiev.
- Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) in Mathematics (1961), thesis: "Some problems of the theory of one-dimensional iterative processes";
- Doctor of Sciences in Mathematics (1967), thesis: "On omega-limit sets of the discrete dynamical systems";
- Corresponding Member of Ukrainian Academy of Sciences (1978);
- Member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2006).
Mathematics - Dynamical systems,
Differential and difference equations,
1961-present: Institute of Mathematics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kiev, Tereshchenkivs'ka str.3, http://www.imath.kiev.ua ),
Junior researcher (1961-1963), Senior researcher (1963-1973),
Head of Department of Differential equations (1974-1987),
Head of Department of Dynamical systems theory (1987-2017),
Chief Researcher (2017- present);
1964-1983 and 1999-2000, 2014-present: Kiev National Taras Shevchenko's University.
Invited Lecturer, Invited Professor or Researcher at Universities:
Mexico (1982), USA (1989, 1991 -1993), Germany (1992, 1993), Spain (1992,1999), Israel (1993,1999),
Canada (1993), China (1994), France (1995,1996,1998,2000,2001), England (1995,2003), Australia (1995,1997),
Portugal (1999,2001-2007), Italy (2004), Taiwan (2006).
Membership in Editorial and Advisory Boards:
Ukrainian Mathematical Journal (since 1974)
Acta Mathematica Universitatis Comenianae (since 1990)
International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos (World Scientific, since 1991)
Journal of Difference Equations and Applications (Gordon and Breach; Taylor & Francis, since 1995)
Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications (Birkhauser, Springer, since 2009).
Supervision of scientific work of PhD students:
17 students have defended their Ph.D. theses in theory of dynamical systems,
stability theory, theory of difference-differential equations,
theory of functional differential equations,
qualitative theory of boundary value problems of mathematical physics:
- Pelyukh G.P. "Investigation of solutions of difference and functional differential equations in the critical case" (1971)
- Polishchuk V.M. "Investigation of solutions of linear differential-functional equations in the neighborhood of singular points" (1974)
- Bondarchuk V.S. "Invariant sets of smooth dynamical systems" (1974)
- Dobrynsky V.A. "The stability in dynamical systems" (1974)
- Romanenko E.Yu. "The study of some classes of functional and differential functional equations" (1975)
- Khusainov D.Ya. "The stability of movements and trajectories of dynamical systems under persistent perturbations" (1976)
- Maistrenko Yu.L. "The asymptotic behavior of solutions of differential-difference equations" (1981)
- Ivanov A.F. "The oscillation of solutions of differential-functional equations of the first order" (1983)
- Slyusarchuk L.M. "The asymptotic behavior of solutions of systems of differential and difference-differential equations" (1984)
- Krasnyuk I.B. "The asymptotic behavior of solutions of some boundary value problems for partial differential equations of hyperbolic type" (1986)
- Sivak A.G. "The limiting behavior of trajectories, stability and bifurcations of one-dimensional dynamical systems" (1986)
- Kolyada S.F. “On discrete dynamical systems with the negative and zero’s schwarzian” (1987)
- Aliyev S.Ya. “Qualitative study of nonlinear boundary value problems of differential-functional equations theory” (1987)
- Vereikina M. B. “Investigation of returning property in dynamical systems” (1987)
- Maistrenko V.L. "Investigation of solutions of the relaxation and turbulent types of nonlinear boundary value problems" (1987)
- Fedorenko V.V. “Returning in one-dimensional dynamical systems” (1989)
- Bakhursky A.G. “Stability and asymptotic periodicity of solutions of one-dimensional hyperbolic systems with the nonlinear boundary conditions” (1989)
of them 4 persons have defended their D.Sc. theses:
1991 Pelyukh G. P.
“Integration of systems of nonlinear functional and differential functional equations with linearly transformed argument”
1991 Khusainov D. Ya.
"Construction and optimization of the stability characteristics of dynamical systems"
2005 Kolyada S. F.
"Topological dynamics: minimality, entropy and chaos"
2007 Romanenko E.Yu.
“Elements of the qualitative theory of difference equations with continuous argument”.
About 250 scientific papers
and seven monographs
All recent talks can be find here
- The first prize of the Kiev Olympiad of Young Mathematicians (1951)
(see, Uspekhi Mat. Nauk, 7, 1952)
- Bogolyubov's Prize of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (1994)
- Lavrentyev's Prize of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (2005)
- State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology (2010)
- Aulbach Prize of the International Society of Difference Equations (2011)
- Doctor Honoris Causa of Silesia University, Czech Republic (2014).